Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chinese

Chinese Restaurants

There are a number of places in Riyadh that serve Chinese and the locales we have been to are all OK. 

We have the local quick to walk to Gate of Jazeera Palace (Take the right hand fork at the eastern end of Mussah ibn Nasser to get there). 
One of the wait staff at Gate of Jazeera
Muted blue lighting beneath floor panels leads you down a narrow path to select a private booth to dine in.  The boothes are not large, though we've had six at a table, and each has a large fish tank that acts as a divider.

The menu is quite extensive, I haven't managed to work my way through it yet.  Glenn always starts with a soup, I prefer the calamari.  If you order Teriaki Chicken or Fish you get the Yummi Yummi experience.

The food is delivered on a trolley is really quite tasty.  There used to be numerous pictuers of the food on my camera, but they went west, so next time I'll ensure a camera shoot of the kai.


**********************

My friend K likes Riyadh Chinese (hang a left at the end of Mussah ibn Nasser, a right at the next fork and then another right at the lights by McDonalds).  I haven't been there yet but when I do go, I'll let you know what I think.

**********************
Diamond in the Localizer is OK too.   They are have more open area with the prerequisite boothes.  I haven't been for a while, so I'm guessing a re-visit is required to take photo's. Diamond has a couple of restaurants around the city, so you should find one easily enough.

*******************

Chinese Golden Palace Restaurant

Close to the corner of Ulaya and Mussah ibn Nasser, is the Chinese Golden Palace restaurant.  This place has created an indoor chinese water setting.  There isn't a lot of seating and what is available is quite open. 

The food is nice, but what's groovy here are the ice-creams – one night we tried them all.  Gluttons, I know.
 
******************

No comments:

Post a Comment